Friday, October 22, 2010

GOODBYE & GOOD LUCK!

One of the very cute ladies I work with, Carla, was offered another position and decided to accept it. I seriously adore this lady. She started with the company about two months before I did, so we've kind of learned everything together. She has such a fun personality and was kind of a work "mom" figure to me. I wanted to do something special for her as a going away gift and after thinking it through realized she had two loves: wine & chocolate. I have a candy dish in my office that's always full and she would always complain that I was making her fat by filling it all the time. I also hide specific treats for work friends that I know they like. She loves peanut butter M & M's, so there was a huge bag down there for her and others that liked them. So, I put the two together and came up with this:I saw these floating around blog land last year some time and in fact bought the boxes last year. I happened to remember about them and thought it would be perfect. Then I just headed out to the store and picked up the rest! I thought it turned out pretty cute...Again, I have to apologize for the quality. I took the pictures really early in the morning at my office. Not the best light to begin with! I think she liked it - good luck Carla! You're going to be missed lady!

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

That chocolate box is awesome- I so need one.

Tara said...

That is so fun! You are so sweet!

The White's said...

Seriously where do you find the time to do all of this stuff, and will you teach me to do it? I love all your cute craft ideas and it is so sweet that you always think of others.

Jana G. said...

Oooo... I need that! Except you can call it a no job stress kit & switch the wine w/beer ;D
..(although I should be starting my new job soon)

Brandy said...

Oh my goodness Marisa!!!! I love that and am TOTALY going to steal the idea from you :) My friend, Tiffany, has a baby in the hospital for the next 6 months going through chemo. She could use a pick-me-up. I'll have to stock up on after Halloween candy and make one of these for her! Too cute!